It's in the Details
One of my favorite things about photographing a wedding is capturing the beauty of the unique details. From the intricate lace on the bridal gown to the elegant diamond earrings, it inspires me and brings joy to my brides when I am able to present them with creative images featuring the items that were so carefully chosen or close to their heart.
I recommend having these items gathered & available in the room where the bridal party will be getting ready, and letting your photographer know if there are any other key pieces (s)he should be aware of.
Here are some ideas, and certainly don't feel that you need to include them all (this isn't a wedding scavenger hunt!) but only the ones that are applicable or meaningful for you:
- Engagement Ring and Wedding bands
- Wedding Invitation Suite (a complete set)
- The Gown- unpinned and on a nice hanger
- Bridal Shoes
- Perfume bottle
- Letter or Gift to/from the Groom
- Heirloom pieces (i.e. Grandma's handkerchief)
- Wedding Day Program
- Your morning Starbuck's cup or favorite coffee mug
- Anything important or unique to you
The groom's details can make a handsome photo as well! Here are some ideas for him to set aside:
- Neck Tie/Bow Tie
- Pocket Square
- Cuff links
- Tie Clip
- Letter or Gift to/from the Bride
- Heirloom pieces (i.e. Grandpa's pocketwatch)
- Bottle of Scotch/Whiskey
- Favorite Morning Newspaper with your wedding date
- Anything important or unique to him
Finally, don't forget to communicate with your photographer! While many of these items are obvious, there could be something unique that is meaningful to you. Share the significance! We love a good story!
About the Author
Nikki is an award-winning, published, certified professional photographer based in SE Michigan. She loves Jesus, traveling with her (hottie) husband and making memories with their 4 fun kiddos. Her weakness is European chocolates. Her passion is capturing the moments & details of your wedding day and delivering gorgeous photos that will last a lifetime. Click here to learn more about Nikki's wedding photography services.