10 Reasons You Should Hire a Planner
1. There's a lot of TIME involved in planning a wedding! Hours of design, research, organizational tasks, and communication between every vendor will add up fast. It might sound fun in the beginning, but you're not going to want to carry the weight of this task over months of preparation!
2. If you want your wedding to look amazing (and avoid a pinterest fail), leave the DESIGN to the pros. These professionals can take your vision and turn it into a reality that's even better than you could have imagined or pulled off on your own. They can create something epic for your big day.
3. A full-service wedding planner with an abundance of experience will help GUIDE you seamlessly through the process. They know what questions to ask. They can help you avoid common pitfalls and even give you advice on etiquette or seating arrangements. They've probably seen it all, and it's a huge advantage to have an expert lead the way!
4. Thanks to their industry connections and contract experience, a planner has NEGOTIATION power that they can put to work for you! This comes in handy with any special requests, accommodations, extra services or hours, even discounts or getting value added to your vendor packages.
5. Speaking of VENDORS, these planners know who's who. They'll have referrals for some of the best vendor options to help you build your wedding dream team, and you'll have peace of mind knowing that every aspect of your entire day is in good hands.
6. Building and delegating your BUDGET is an important part of the process, and a wedding planner can help you set realistic estimates for each category and keep you on track!
7. Expert advice during the organization of your TIMELINE is essential to construct a fluid wedding day. A planner can coordinate with you & your vendors to establish an ideal timeline that prioritizes everything that's most important to you!
8. The COORDINATION on the day-of will run much more smoothly when you have a pro who has worked with you from the start and knows your timeline forwards and backwards. They'll keep everything (or everyone) on track and be ready to jump in and problem-solve if the need arises.
9. Let your family and friends enjoy the day- not coordinate- or even worse, be the TEAR DOWN team. A planner can oversee those details and be sure everything is packed up and sent where it needs to be.
10. The bottom line is this: hiring a full-service wedding planner means LESS STRESS for everyone involved. Let them iron out alllll the details! It'll be so worth it!
If you're ready to leave your wedding day planning in the hands of a trusted professional, below is a list of my TOP TEN WEDDING PLANNERS serving the greater Detroit area (some also serve all of Michigan & beyond!)
Check out the links below, and let them know that Nikki from Awakened Light Photography sent you!
Top 10 Detroit Wedding Planners:
Ann Travis Events (@anntravisevents)
Ines & Marie Events (@inesandmarieevents)
Luna Soireé Events (@lunasoireeevents)
Trace Events (@trace.events)
Cassy Rose Events (@cassyroseevents)
24 Maple (@24maple)
Sarah Rhodes Boyce Weddings (@sarahrhodesboyceweddings)
Jen House Design (@jenhousedesign)
Katie Gregg Events & Co. (@katiegreggevents)
Mitten Weddings & Events (@mittenweddings)
About the Author
Nikki is an award-winning, published, certified professional photographer based in SE Michigan. She loves Jesus, traveling with her (hottie) husband and making memories with their 4 fun kiddos. Her weakness is European chocolates. Her passion is capturing the moments & details of your wedding day and delivering gorgeous photos that will last a lifetime. Click here to learn more about Nikki's wedding photography services.